[HECnet] VPN?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Nov 9 10:06:25 PST 2009

Can you make it only bridge specific ethernet type packets, and not
transfer anything else?

If so, that could be a good replacement for my bridge program.

	Johnny

neozeed wrote:
OpenVPN will bridge, as I've done IPX/SPX over it... On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com <mailto:sampsa at mac.com>> wrote:
      Guys,
      I realise that at the moment there aren't many people involved that
      do not have static IPs but I think as time goes on consumer grade
      ISPs are going to start cutting back on the amount of IPs a
      residential customer can have.
      With this in mind, might there be some mileage in setting up a VPN
      for HECnet use? This way we would not need to worry about whether we
      have public static IPs in the future (most VPNs are happy to work
      with DYNDNS etc) and it would also add a layer of security to HECnet
      without any   changes needed to the bridge etc.
      Sampsa