[HECnet] VPN?

Fred fcoffey at thrifty.misernet.net
Mon Nov 9 09:13:31 PST 2009

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Brian Hechinger wrote:

Oh, I know OpenVPN will, that's how I use it.   I was asking about the
tunnel program Johnny wrote or Multinet.   Sorry if I wasn't clear on
that.

I do know that if an address changes the Multinet "host" needs to be rebooted to pick up the new name.   Multinet 5.3 is available to hobbyists and I sent an email to Hunter Goatley to see if it would be possible for Multinet to support dynamic addressing.   He was going to check with the programming folks and see ... perhaps I'll send him another email and inquire.

If Multinet could support dynamic addressing it would eliminate lots of problems for us. (well, me ...) :)

Speaking of Netware, I was attempting to install a relatively recent version of Netware on Sun's VirtualBox and it would always abort when detecting drives ... anyone on the list ever successfully get that working? (under any kind of VM?)

Cheers,

Fred

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.