[HECnet] VPN?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Nov 9 07:31:47 PST 2009

Guys,

I realise that at the moment there aren't many people involved that do not have static IPs but I think as time goes on consumer grade ISPs are going to start cutting back on the amount of IPs a residential customer can have.

With this in mind, might there be some mileage in setting up a VPN for HECnet use? This way we would not need to worry about whether we have public static IPs in the future (most VPNs are happy to work with DYNDNS etc) and it would also add a layer of security to HECnet without any   changes needed to the bridge etc.

Sampsa