[HECnet] CODA replaced by CHARON

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Nov 4 07:06:54 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 04, 2009 at 09:29:44AM -0500, Jason Stevens wrote:
Heh, I live in finance, and Verizon couldn't even run DSL....   They couldn't
even give me DIAL TONE.. And yeah I can see their tower of darkness from
here...

Don't even get me started on Verizon DSL.   I'll get dialup before I ever get
Verizon DSL again.

But I've dealt with telcos world wide, and they all have one thing in
common.

they suck.

It's sad, but true.

TW seem to have bumped my upstream from 384k to 768k even though they claim
I am only entitled to 384k.   It doesn't seem to be consistent though either
so who knows. :)

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of