[HECnet] Alpha emulation?

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Sun Nov 1 11:12:17 PST 2009

2.16 shouldn't have answered for your Alpha system.

  I think that's OK - the Linux host is also running DECnet/Linux and its
(the host, that is) name is SKETTI, 2.16.   It took some fooling, but I'm
pretty sure the host DECnet is using eth0 (as it should be).

  The emulation is 2.17, which I'm calling CHARON for the moment.   Not very
original, but hey :-)   It's using eth1.

  The password to the SYSTEM account on 2.17 is GUEST.   Have your way with
it - there's nothing on there I want to keep :-)

Bob