[HECnet] RHESUS is down

Chrissie Caulfield christine.caulfield at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:11:02 PDT 2009

On 26 Oct 2009, at 17:34, Gregg Levine wrote:

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
I'll take one if you've got spares..

Sampsa

On 26 Oct 2009, at 09:11, Christine Caulfield wrote:

On 26/10/09 08:55, Mark Wickens wrote:

Sampsa Laine wrote:

Guys, just a heads up, had to "reboot" my whole flat - gas boiler lost
the plot, can't reach the Reset button as it's behind about 2 metric
tons of random crap. Long story short, licked off the electrical
circuit instead - managed to knock out the whole flat. Epic. Fail.

Anyway, the rest of my machines have come up except for RHESUS, I need
to get into my rack with a serial cable to get it up and am frankly
too hung over to deal with this right now :)

Sampsa

Sounds like the kind of day I had yesterday. The deserver 90TL through
which my entire vax/alpha/ia64 collection have their consoles routed has
had an intermittent problem which I attributed to a dodgy power cable.
Yesterday I bit the bullet and replaced the cable only to have an epic
fail myself. Not even a power light. At least when I break decservers
they have the courtesy of giving me a power light. Anyway, my spare
decserver exhibits random and totally undesirable behaviour, so my
collection is effectively offline for the most part until I find a
replacement.

Anyone got a 90TL or 90M going spare?

I've got two 90L+ s and a 90M. I *think* they're spare. To be honest I'm
clearing out a lot of old computers (mostly but not all DEC) so if anyone
wants them too I'll list them here ;-)

Chrissie

Hello!
**Elbows Sampsa.**
"What he said."
Same here.

Now now boys, no pushing :-)

Sorry, but Mark asked first about the servers. I just have to find some packaging now.

Chrissie