[HECnet] RHESUS is down

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 01:55:35 PDT 2009

Sampsa Laine wrote:
Guys, just a heads up, had to "reboot" my whole flat - gas boiler lost the plot, can't reach the Reset button as it's behind about 2 metric tons of random crap. Long story short, licked off the electrical circuit instead - managed to knock out the whole flat. Epic. Fail.

Anyway, the rest of my machines have come up except for RHESUS, I need to get into my rack with a serial cable to get it up and am frankly too hung over to deal with this right now :)

Sampsa

Sounds like the kind of day I had yesterday. The deserver 90TL through which my entire vax/alpha/ia64 collection have their consoles routed has had an intermittent problem which I attributed to a dodgy power cable. Yesterday I bit the bullet and replaced the cable only to have an epic fail myself. Not even a power light. At least when I break decservers they have the courtesy of giving me a power light. Anyway, my spare decserver exhibits random and totally undesirable behaviour, so my collection is effectively offline for the most part until I find a replacement.

Anyone got a 90TL or 90M going spare?

Mark.