[HECnet] Crimper

Paul Koning Paul_Koning at Dell.com
Wed Oct 28 08:20:41 PDT 2009

A typical crimper has a cavity that holds the connector, using the
locking tab to lock it into position.   So an MMJ crimp requires an MMJ
cavity, and a standard RJ11 one is unlikely to work.   (I assume you
meant RJ11 -- RJ12 is the telephone handset connector, which is
narrower.)

Cheap crimpers have the cavity as part of the tool; more expensive ones
have interchangeable "dies" and for those an MMJ die may well be
available.   I'd expect the ones from the likes of AMP, for example, to
offer that, though finding the MMJ die nowadays is likely to be fairly
hard...

	paul

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE [mailto:owner-hecnet at Update.UU.SE] On
Behalf Of Mark Wickens
Sent: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:08 AM
To: hecnet at Update.UU.SE
Subject: [HECnet] Crimper

Best bet I would have thought was ebay - that's where I picked mine up
from - it's second hand and specifically for MMJ. Not sure whether a
generic RJ12 crimper may do the job, would depend on how it handled
the
tab. I've thought about doing a bulk order of MMJ connectors - if
there
is some interest out there for taking some off my hands I'd consider
it.

Regards, Mark.