Terminal (servers), cables (was Re: [HECnet] RHESUS is (finally) up again)

Fred fcoffey at thrifty.misernet.net
Wed Oct 28 07:18:42 PDT 2009

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Steve Davidson wrote:

The RJ45 to MMJ adapter is known as a H8584-AA (in my case REV A).   I
use them on my DEChub-90TL's.   They work GREAT!   They can be hard to
find these days and also costly, but well worth it.   Start on Ebay.

I have access to a source that are starting to use PeeCees with VT emulation instead of real VT525's (not all, but most) so as they transition those little connectors become available for me to take, as they aren't using them anymore and have plenty of spares.   Last time I was there I just got handed a "handful".

If I get a huge "haul" I'll let the list know.   I obviously won't need more than the number of terminal server ports I have ...

Fred