[HECnet] Next retro comms project?

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:20:19 PDT 2009

Fred wrote:
On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Where should we go from here? Setting up our own virtual X.25 PSDN tunnelled over IP maybe? Something crazy with SNA?
SNA! SNA! :)
I could set up Hercules here running MVS 3.8J ... ;)     I'm sure the folks have been able to get SNA to work within the emulator.   I set up Hercules and MVS once, but other than a novelty, I really didn't do much with it, because most of my associates wouldn't know a mainframe if it ran them over.   I think it would be interesting to get something quasi-public (on HECmet) going.

Plus, I have real IBM mainframe iron.

Peace...   Sridhar