[HECnet] Next retro comms project?

Fred fcoffey at thrifty.misernet.net
Wed Oct 21 15:26:43 PDT 2009

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Sampsa Laine wrote:

I thought SNA mostly ran on Token Ring or something?

I have an IBM PS/2 model (something) with both an MCA Token Ring card and and MCA Ethernet - and I even have a passive Token Ring Mau! (and a cable, somewhere ...)

Now if I could just find that gateway software.   When I had access to a real mainframe, all of the PC's went through a handful of these PS/2's via Ethernet, and the PS/2's had token ring cards in them connected to a real FEP.

Fred