[HECnet] Next retro comms project?

Steve Davidson jeep at scshome.net
Wed Oct 21 15:07:05 PDT 2009

I have a DECnet kit for RT-11.   From what I remember it is HUGE!
It can not make use of I/D space so at one point RT Engineering stopped
development on it.   When I joined the RT group in 1984 I was supposed to
work on DECnet but within a week of me joining they cancelled the project.
I had a hard time understanding why a company that billed itself as a network connected company would ever cancel such a product!   I wound up doing user-mode utilities and SPR's instead.   Yuch!

-Steve