[HECnet] Next retro comms project?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Oct 21 12:21:52 PDT 2009

How about rolling our own version of this:

	http://www.patapsco.co.uk/Products/ISDN/ISDN_over_IP_Ethernet_Overview_and_Summary.html

Come on, it'd be cool, our own phone network :)

On 21 Oct 2009, at 12:16, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Christine Caulfield wrote:
On 21/10/09 10:22, Sampsa Laine wrote:
I'm starting to get concerned that HECnet is almost running TOO well,
i.e. there's not much left to tweak :)

Where should we go from here? Setting up our own virtual X.25 PSDN
tunnelled over IP maybe? Something crazy with SNA?
You could make the DECnet Linux tools with with RSX -- Johnny is always complaining they're broken (though they worked for me last I tried) :S

Maybe we should make some new tests. Whenever you have time... :-)