[HECnet] Next retro comms project?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Oct 21 10:27:57 PDT 2009

Sampsa Laine wrote:
I'm starting to get concerned that HECnet is almost running TOO well, i.e. there's not much left to tweak :)
Where should we go from here? Setting up our own virtual X.25 PSDN tunnelled over IP maybe? Something crazy with SNA?

HECnet have been running fine for a long, long time by now. :-)
But there are definitely things to look at.
Ideally if would be very nice to implement an alternative to my bridge program which actually routes instead of bridging. But that would take a lot of work, and I definitely don't have time for that right now.
Ideally it should also be able to talk with the Cisco implementation in this case.

And of course, people could think about writing bridge programs for things like PHONE <-> talk, ftp gateways, and other stuff, if they feel like getting a project. There is much to play around with.