[HECnet] hecnet.eu and decnet.org domains

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Oct 22 16:41:14 PDT 2009

Speaking of which, Update runs its own DNS servers, web servers, and just about anything else as well. And we don't have any bandwidth limitations, and we have a pretty high bandwidth in general (maybe more than most places).

I just don't personally care much about fixing web pages. While I certainly can manage DNS records, I'm so old school that I keep them in static files for bind to use. And I haven't checked what Update is running now, so I don't know how much of that I could do. But there are a few other Updaters around here as well, who might chime in.

But on the other hand, I don't mind other people taking initiatives, and making stuff happen either.

Just giving you all some more options. :-)

	Johnny

Steve Davidson wrote:
If we really get stuck with this I am my own ISP and can probably make
something work.   I pay for a certain amount of bandwidth, but the
addresses (all static) are mine to assign and manage.   I have no
practical limitations to the number of domains they represent.
Current domains pointing to my address space (that may be of use in this
context) are:
69.21.253.228
decvax.net - alias for vmsnet.org (at the moment anyway)
vmsnet.org - currently a NetBSD front-end system to a VAX cluster.   Soon
it will be a VMS cluster of Alpha's and VAXen
69.21.253.229
pdp-11.net - currently a NetBSD front-end system to a PDP-11 group of
systems (don't ask it's ugly to say the least)
69.21.253.230
declab.net - intended to point to the SMDnet backbone (when I have more
time to deal with this)
declab.org - intended to point to the HECnet backbone (when I have more
time to deal with this)
-Steve