[HECnet] PDXVAX - 40MB Memory - VAXstation 4000/VLC?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Oct 19 18:07:11 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 06:01:05PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Well, it was just a suggestion, and one that I found easily human
readable and editable. :-)

Well, that's actually why LDIF was created the way it was.   It's easily human
AND machine readable and editable.

Unlike XML, which they CLAIM is easily human readable but every time I look
at it I see red and want to stab people.

I've recently started using Apache's ANT build system.   Yes, my brain hurts.

But I don't have a problem with something looking like LDIF, as long as
noone ever expects me to actually feed something into LDAP, or even use
LDAP. :-)

What do you have against LDAP?   :)

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of