[HECnet] PDXVAX - 40MB Memory - VAXstation 4000/VLC?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Oct 19 17:12:26 PDT 2009

John Wilson wrote:
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se>
John, did you notice that the IIST documentation now is available at bitsavers?
I noticed that some kind of doc on the IIST showed up there shortly after I'd
spent many months tearing my remaining hair out reverse-engineering it --
skimming through it though, I couldn't find anything significant that I'd
missed (there are lots of things that RSX doesn't touch).   Obviously I need
to go over it with a fine-toothed comb though ...

There might be something missing from E11 for the IIST. I have gotten a few sanity timer timeouts since I upgraded to E11 5.2. But apart from that, I don't get the feeling that we're having problems with the IIST.
I have CPUs that gets into a catatonic state, that can't be woken up again. That would be interesting to investigate. It might be related to IIST, but it might be something else just as well.
And then we have the funny actions when getting the fourth CPU online, where the console don't get online most of the time. But that feels more like timing issues.