[HECnet] PDXVAX - 40MB Memory - VAXstation 4000/VLC?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Oct 19 16:31:37 PDT 2009

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 04:19:27PM +0100, Sampsa Laine wrote:

Probably because we're building a distributed directory :)

Ah ha!   I knew it was something like that. :)

In any case, yes, eventually a central X.500 directory would be
wonderful - however the INFO.TXT + demon-spawn-of-CSV-infofields is
probably a nice and quick hack to throw together in an afternoon.
Hell, we can populate the X.500 dir from the textfiles eventually.

That's a good point.   I think you've just motivated me to finally get
around to getting the VAX 4000/500 cluster set back up.   I should really
find the DSSI cables I need to use the HSD30 (I *think* it's one of those,
I really need to check, I forget now) in place to start using that.

Although I lack the correct SCSI disks to put on it.   Eh, maybe I'll get
the FDDI boards setup and get a FDDI interface into the fileserver and
just use NFS.

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of