[HECnet] SMTP gateways to HECnet?

Marc Chametzky marc at bluevine.net
Tue Oct 20 00:16:03 PDT 2009

A couple weeks ago, I was setting up DECnet Mail on my virtual RSTS/E
system and spent some time setting up e-mail for lulu.trailingzone.com to be routed to LULU via my PMDF setup on DUSTY.

I was just wondering whether there's interest in setting up a domain for HECnet with one or more systems capable of bridging SMTP-to-MAIL-11.

Out of curiosity, I took a look to see whether domains like hec.net or hecnet.{com,net,org} were available, and as expected, they weren't. That kind of burst my bubble a bit. :-)

--Marc