[HECnet] OT: CGI parameters in CSWS?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Oct 5 20:18:00 PDT 2009

Nothing wrong with *, just that you won't get other tables like that.
There are some tables that are shown by default, if you don't specify otherwise. Also, by default, all tables are searched when you try to translate a symbol, and they are searched in a specific order, so that you can "overwrite" system values with your own versions without affecting other users. And this is done in several levels, so that you have a login logical table, and a process logical table, and a group logical table, and so on...

When you write programs, you can specify that you don't want to search certain tables as well.

So, for your scripts, you weren't examining the right tables, but when you wanted translations done, the symbols were found somewhere anyway, even if you didn't examine those tables explicitly. :-)

	Johnny

Sampsa Laine wrote:
Doh. I stupidly did SHOW SYMBOL *.   Oh well, live and learn.
Sampsa