[HECnet] LATCP confusion

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sun Oct 4 21:23:25 PDT 2009

Thanks!

Sampsa

On 4 Oct 2009, at 20:50, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:

Sampsa Laine wrote:
Guys,
I'm trying to set up an incoming LAT service on CHIMPY called SAMPSACOM, i.e. I want to be able to connect to a service called SAMPSACOM over LAT and this connection is then routed to port LTA101: - I will have an app on CHIMPY that waits for connections on LTA101.
I've done this:
lcp:==mcr latcp
lcp create port lta101: /dedicated
lcp set port lta101: /dedicated /service=sampsacom
Now what? If I try to connect to the port (via set host/dte) I get an error:
%REM-E-PORTRXERR, port receive error
-SYSTEM-F-HANGUP, data set hang-up
It doesn't show up in SHOW SERVICES and SHOW PORTS says it's inactive:
$lcp show ports *
[....]
    _LTA101:     Dedicated       Inactive             //SAMPSACOM
Any help on how to proceed would be most welcome.
Sampsa
.

First you should create the service
$ MC LATCP CREA SERVI /APPL

Then create the port

$ MC LATCP CREA PORT /DEDI

And then associate the port with your service

$ MC LATCP SET PORT /DEDI /SERVI

Then start your application which listens to the LAT port.

Kari