[HECnet] "Mixed" clustering

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Sep 29 19:52:40 PDT 2009

Hmm, not ideal.

I do have 3 FDDI cards, do you know if the DEFPA cards work on OpenVMS for Integrity boxes?

Sampsa

On 29 Sep 2009, at 19:50, Kari Uusim  ki wrote:

Sampsa Laine wrote:
Is it possible to run a cluster over both ethernet and FDDI?
Basically, I'd like to connect Machine A -> B using ethernet and B -> C using FDDI - is this possible?
Sampsa
.

Unfortunately that configuration violates the rule of full connectivity. All cluster members must have direct connectivity to other members.

But if you add a FDDI-Ethernet-bridge, you should get a "legal" configuration.

Kari