[HECnet] Modest proposal: Media library - Distributed?

Kari Uusim ki uusimaki at exdecfinland.org
Fri Sep 18 16:16:32 PDT 2009

Andrew Back wrote:
On (12:17 18/09/09), Kari Uusim?ki wrote:
Very good point!
I agree.

Unfortunately I have the same situation as G?ran and my hardware is waiting for a glorious future. But the winter is coming and (running) computers provide heat. ;-)
I too have hardware in waiting - a growing collection. And if anybody is
able to help I have:
- A VAXstation 2000 in need of an RD53/54 and a KVM cable (mono)
- A VAXstation II/GPX missing the GPX board, TK50, RD53/54 and Ethernet
- A PDP11/53 missing RD53/54 and Ethernet
A lot of wants, I know (and worse still RDs!) :o/
Cheers,
Andrew

Andrew, have you tried other ST506 disks than RD53 or RD54? IIRC none of the RD disks were DEC built disks, but relabeled ones from other vendors. I found earlier many ST506 disks for sale on Ebay.
Unfortunately my VS2000 has a problem with the motherboard and I cannot test the disks I have right now.

TK50's shouldn't either be very difficult to find.

A DELQA should also be easily found.

Have you tried Ebay?

Regards,

Kari