[HECnet] DECNET proxies

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Sep 21 13:24:31 PDT 2009

Sampsa, I saw that you already got an answer which solved the problem, but I still through I'd add a comment.

On CHIMPY, who were you running as?

    Johnny

Sampsa Laine wrote:
Guys,

I'm trying to define some proxies on RHESUS for both CHIMPY and CHIMP, but can't seem to get it to work.

Basically, I've run the following command in AUTHORIZE:

      UAF> ADD/PROXY CHIMPY::SYSTEM SYSTEM
      %UAF-I-NAFADDMSG, proxy from CHIMPY::SYSTEM to SYSTEM added

But then when trying to access a directory on RHESUS from CHIMPY I get the following error:

      CHIMPYSYS$ dir rhesus::dka0:[temp]
              Directory RHESUS::DKA0:[TEMP]

      *.*;*                           insufficient privilege or object protection violation

The proxy database on RHESUS looks like this:

      UAF> show/proxy *

        Default proxies are flagged with (D)

      CHIMPY::SAMPSA
                      SAMPSA