[HECnet] SOL-11?

Paul Koning paul_koning at dell.com
Mon Aug 23 11:55:06 PDT 2010

Will you be able to post the tarballs you received?

	paul

On Aug 23, 2010, at 12:53 AM, G  ran   hling wrote:

Hi,

Thanks to the help of this list, and to an obviously most positive "phase of the moon", I established contact with the author in Germany. He just sent me a .tgz of each SOL-11 (47 kb) and BTN11 (18 kb), the later being the cross-assembler of his own, used to assemble the SOL-environment.

I have not yet started digging into this, but I'd like to give a greate credit to him (Nils M Holm | http://t3x.org) for making this piece of sw, and for making it available along with quite some other software for different systems. Unfortunately, most of his old productions are no longer published to the net (besides indexes of them), but he seems to have them archived himself.

He also gave me a warning that building the assembler might give some problems today, as it is written in K&R - C.

Also to you, Zane, a great thanks for helping and searching. I'll make this available to the net and/or to the HECnet as time goes by...

As for the sake of HECnet, well I've got a little more to do to get my bridge set up with a SIMH-emulated PDP as area-router, though I do actually have most pieces in place already. I'll have to use a "TapTun" interface, just like MacOS-X obviouly has to do, that remains to be fixed. In my case, running Free-BSD, but on a computer with only one ethernet-port. I've got image-files for an RSX-11 system running in SIM-H, but for this sake, I'd guess I'd prefer to build a new system from distributions, both to get double networking ports and area-router included, and also leave out some other things that are cluttered into my current images...
Besides, I intend to use the "hacked" SIM-H that ports directly into Johnny's bridge software...

Please don't expect this to happen "this week", as I'll have to tender my house a bit to start with, and that will have to be fixed before autumn comes raining and blowing. Playing with the computer is more like something to do inside during long, cold and dark winter evenings ;-)

All my best,

G  ran