[HECnet] PDP-11/70 on FPGA

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue Aug 10 19:00:04 PDT 2010

  I'm not going to quote anybody's posting here, but there have been several
that motivated me to speak up.   I have say that this is really pathetic.   A
guy (Walter Mueller, the original author it looks like) does all the work to
implement a 11/70 in VHDL, gives it away to you _for free_, and all you guys
do is sit around and make lists of the stuff he didn't do.   If you want an
FPU, write the VHDL for one.   If you want an MSCP disk, then implement one.
Contribute.   Help.   Take some of that energy you use to write these emails
and use it to make the core better.   That's what Open Source is all about,
guys.

  </soapbox>     Sorry.   I see this attitude the time with Spare Time Gizmos
and I've become kind of sensitive to and intolerant of it.   I'll go back to
sleep now.

Bob