MAIL-11, was Re: [HECnet] PDP-11/70 on FPGA

Steve Davidson davidson at declab.net
Wed Aug 11 16:19:33 PDT 2010

In software services, Real-Time Group (PKO2, Maynard) we used a "MAIL-11" app
that was written for RSTS/E (in BP2) by Steve Reilly (Software Services,RSTS/E,
MKO, Merrimack) and ported to RSX/IAS by Scott Blessley in our group.   To the
average user it looked just like the mail on VMS and was pretty much
bug-for-bug compatible :-).   It actually did quite a bit more than the VMS
version and turned out to me much easier to maintain as well.   Advanced users
made heavy use of the extra "features"!

As a side note, Scott brought me into DEC right out of school, and Steve is my
neighbor (across the street).   Small world...

-Steve

Paul Koning