[HECnet] DEC Legacy Event & HECNet possibilities

Jason Stevens neozeed at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 12:44:55 PST 2010

This event, right?

http://wickensonline.co.uk/declegacy/

sigh i think I picked the wrong month to be in the UK....

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 2:29 PM, Mark Wickens <mark at wickensonline.co.uk> wrote:
Hi guys,

I've now secured an internet connection for the DEC Legacy event in April and wanted to pick your collective brains about what might be interesting to hecnet hobbyists who won't be able to attend the event if we can get some of the machines that will be in attendance connected up to hecnet on the day.

A couple of my machines will be there - probably the VAX 4000/90 and either the DEC 3000/600 or the ZX6000 itanium workstation - I'm presuming I'll need to supply an updated IP address for Jonny to patch me in given that my bridge will be on a different IP address? Also, would it be possible for those attendees who've not been connected previously to get connected up on the day, given that they won't have to worry about the bridge setup?

Would anyone fancy participating in a coding competition? Anyone have any other suggestions?

Kind regards, Mark.