[HECnet] Apples MAC OS X pcap library...

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Feb 14 17:59:25 PST 2010

Yeah, possible problems with the filter program have been considered. I
tried skipping the filter program totally, but that didn't seem to solve
my problems. Might be worth examining a bit more anyway.
(I have a software check for "valid" packets as well, so skipping the
filter don't really hurt, except for performance reasons.)

Any suggestion on what libpcap might be good to use?
I seem to remember having problems with the network in simh as well,
when using it over wireless. I think I should test the wired interface
to see if the bridge works fine over that.
(I would sure like to check the tcpdump sources if they do something
funny...)

	Johnny

Jason Stevens wrote:
sounds like a broke filter...?
I do recall it is quite touchy, and that when I used to build osx libpcap stuff (simh) in the past, I'd just download the latest pcap myself, and manually link that into the exe so it didn't use the system libpcap.....