[HECnet] CHARON is back up...

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue Jan 5 06:24:47 PST 2010

Anyway it seems that whenever I run Personal Alpha any Simh machines I
have running completely pause until I shutdown the Alpha simulator has
anyone else had this problem ?

  Isn't Personal Alpha a version of the Charon-AXP emulator?   I've never
used Personal Alpha, but I am using the free version of Charon-AXP and I can
tell you that, unlike simh, it has no OpenVMS idle detection.   Charon will
always use 100% of whatever CPU(s) it's running on, regardless of what the
emulated system is doing.   That makes it difficult to run Charon
concurrently with other simulators unless you can afford to dedicate
separate CPUs to each one.

Bob