[HECnet] VMS question - clearing the SECURITY.AUDIT$JOURNAL security log

gerry77 at mail.com gerry77 at mail.com
Mon Jan 11 08:05:40 PST 2010

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:18:42 +0000, you wrote:

Gents,

I'm in the process of installing ArcSight on my network, and basically
it works by running an ANALYZE/AUDIT/FULL command on SECURITY.AUDIT
$JOURNAL and then importing the output file on a separate Unix for log
processing.

I'm trying to find a way of clearing the current audit log (since I'm
extracting the events out of it, i don't want duplicates, /SINCE risks
missing events that happen within the delta). What is the proper way
of clearing the security audit log?

What about SET AUDIT/SERVER=NEW_LOG to create a new version of the journal
before processing (i.e.: create new log then analyze the old one)? :-)

HTH,
G.