[HECnet] TAP, SIMH and Solaris

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Thu Jul 29 19:30:10 PDT 2010

I obviously didn't explain myself very well, so here goes.

I've got a machine running simh.   It's only got one ethernet interface on
it.

I need to give it a non-routable IP address so that I can do NAT on the host
that is running simh to give it internet access.   So far I've been unable
to make that happen.

This guy did something similar on linux:

http://www.itsecuritygeek.com/itsgeek/comments/simh-networking/

But I can't get that to work for me.

Adding a second physical interface is not an option on this machine.   Getting
a second IP is not an option on this machine.   Just FYI before anyone
suggests that. :-D

-brian