[HECnet] FreeAXP Alpha Emulator

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Jul 16 18:08:22 PDT 2010

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Sampsa Laine wrote:

No, haven't really tried....What I was thinking of doing was using this to export lots of disk space to my machines from elsewhere on my network - I was going to use the 8.4 iSCSI stuff but can't get it to work..

Sampsa

Do you have the release version of 8.4?   I had hopes of having iSCSI working
with the Alpha Version of 8.4, but I have to wonder if they crippled it so
that it only works with HP devices. :-(

I've considered seeing if I could use SIMH to export disks.   I need a way to
significantly cut my power requirements, so that I can bring at least one
VMS system back online.   I've been considering a lean config on an
AlphaStation 200 4/233, rather than my XP1000 with 6 external high
performance SCSI drives.   I'm also thinking of setting up an Atom based
system running SIMH, the problem being that costs money that I'd rather
spend on photography.

Zane