[HECnet] FreeAXP Alpha Emulator

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Jul 16 17:57:33 PDT 2010

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010, Sampsa Laine wrote:

Guys, just saw this on openvmshobbyist.com:

	FreeAXP http://www.migrationspecialties.com/FreeAXP.html#Components

It emulates a AlphaServer 400 with up to 7 drives and 128 MB of RAM. Runs on Windows though :(

I'm currently rolling out a test system to see how well it behaves on Win2K3 Server.

Sampsa

Have you ever run an Alpha with only 128MB of RAM?   That is the absolute
bare minimum I'd run 7.2 in, and it wasn't fun.   I really wish they'd allow
between 192MB and 256MB, as at that point it starts being usable.   Of course
I'd also like a Linux version. :-)

Zane