[HECnet] Terminal software (other than DECterm) that can do ReGIS and/or SIXEL graphics?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Fri Jul 16 14:54:29 PDT 2010

I would LOVE to have a hardware terminal that did REGIS and SIXEL, it would look so cool and retro :)

Sampsa

On 16 Jul 2010, at 14:51, Paul Koning wrote:

Regis first came out with one of the VT100 series terminals -- VT131?   VT105?   I forgot.   It also showed up, in lobotomized form, in the "GIGI" (don't bother looking for one, they suck).   It became more widespread in the VT240.

I'm pretty sure that a number of the X windows "xterm" style programs support it.   Perhaps not the original xterm, but there are lots of extended versions and there should be some that handle this.

Sixel is probably more widely available since it's quite easy to implement.

	paul