[HECnet] Attaching to hecnet

Paul Koning Paul_Koning at Dell.com
Thu Jul 1 14:51:41 PDT 2010

As I read somewhere:

"DEC had it then. Don't you wish you could buy it now?"

(In referring to DECs slogan in the 80s: DEC has it now)

I agree. DEC engineering was pretty good. Too bad some other parts of
that company totally lost it.

Indeed. Ken Olsen never understood marketing, and he understood sales
even less.

When working at a (successful) startup, I often told my colleagues in
sales and marketing how enjoyable it was to work with excellent sales
and marketing people, because as a former DEC employee I understood very
well how badly it can hurt to work with bad ones.

	paul