[HECnet] Attaching to hecnet

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jul 1 09:19:52 PDT 2010

Johnny Billquist wrote:
Kari Uusim  ki wrote:
The multicast address AB   00   00   03   00   00 is to all Phase IV routers (=endnode hello)
The multicast address AB   00   00   04   00   00 is to all Phase IV endnodes
(=router hello)
All Level 1 and Level 2 routers should send router hellos to endnodes and endnodes should send endnode hellos so that routers know of all endnodes.
Sigh. Why don't people read what I write? Note that *all* machines sends hello messages to AB   00   00   03   00   00.
Only level 2 routers sends anything on any other address, but they send on AB   00   00   03   00   00 too.

And ignore that. I was using a too small sample when I wrote, so it wasn't the full picture of things...