[HECnet] Attaching to hecnet

H Vlems hvlems at zonnet.nl
Mon Jun 28 09:46:59 PDT 2010

DECnet phase IV nodes are backwards compatible with phase III.
There are no restrictions in functionality between phase IV nodes and phase
V as seen by the unpriviledged user. Area routing may be an issue on Alpha,
and of course ncl is more of a pain to remember than ncp ;-)

Two questions:
1-May I use area 44?
2-Is there a short guide to set up DECnet over IP to connect to HECnet?
Hans