[HECnet] New Digital Unix node TIGER on HECnet

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Jun 6 16:09:07 PDT 2010

At 8:42 PM +0200 6/5/10, gerry77 at mail.com wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 01:30:43 +0200, you wrote:

TOPS-10 (could it even connect to DECnet?)

It can! About a couple of years ago we were able to run DECnet Phase IV on
Ethernet, by running TOPS-10 7.04 on the KLH10 emulator. Alas, to idle the
emulator, the TOPS-10 monitor has to be modified so that it would make some
I/O to a special device which would trigger the idle code into the emulator,
but we never figured out how to do that.

The TWONKY image has 4 different TOPS-10 7.04 monitors. http://klh10.trailing-edge.com/   One has LAT, and another has LAT and DECnet.   Having LAT is nice if you have a LAT terminal server, since it allows you to easily connect a real terminal. :-)

I'm afraid I can't help on the throttling.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com                           | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |