[HECnet] Announcement: We've rolled out a retro UUCP network, UUHEC.net

Tim Sneddon tim.sneddon at bigpond.com
Mon Jun 7 01:32:59 PDT 2010

On 7/06/2010 3:52 AM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Whilst not strictly HECnet related, I figured as this audience is likely
to be full of people who enjoy tinkering with various bits of retro tech
stuff and so I thought I'd let you know that we've rolled out a small
UUCP "network" between myself, Steve and Fred.

It runs over TCP links between our sites, mainly running Taylor UUCP,
however one of my hosts runs a 1992 bit of BBS software called Waffle 1.65.

Let me know if anyone wants to join in, it's a giggle, really*. I'll
even route real internet mail for interested parties** - we have
registered the UUHEC.net domain for this purpose.

I'm interested in joining.   I might be tempted to put UUCP support
back into MX ;-)

Tim.