[HECnet] MONK RIP

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Mar 9 07:46:12 PST 2010

I think Steve Davidson is running SIMH on some pretty old hardware, I think a P3 might be able to pull it off.

It won't be blazingly fast of course...

Sampsa

On 9 Mar 2010, at 15:44, Zane H. Healy wrote:

The UNIX box that is still running is a Pentium III that is close to 10 years old, and honestly probably on its last legs.   I don't think it could handle a VAX instance.   I've considered this, and if I do it, it will be using a new Intel Atom board, but I have my doubts on the ability of that class board to handle the load of a SIMH instance.

Zane