[HECnet] MONK RIP

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon Mar 8 19:39:21 PST 2010

At some point over the past few days MONK lost his power supply. Additionally I wasn't sure what the state of PDXVAX was, as MONK was my primary method of access, and the console wasn't responding so I pulled the plug on PDXVAX and powered off both systems drive arrays.

While I have to try to bring MONK back up at some point to recover data   (thankfully I have a second XP1000), I don't think I'll be leaving it running 24x7 anymore.   I was already thinking about shutting down my servers to save power.

Right now my UNIX server is the only one still running, and I'm preparing to copy the data off, and redirect my DNS back to my .Mac account like I had it last Winter while we were house-hunting.   I really don't have time to keep my own servers running anymore.

Zane

--
| Zane H. Healy                                       | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| healyzh at aracnet.com (primary)       | OpenVMS Enthusiast                 |