[HECnet] BETA: New PHONE directory service

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sun May 30 22:24:10 PDT 2010

Gentlemen,

I've rolled up a bit of Linux DECNET C code and some bash scripts to do a PHONE DIR on all the nodes on HECNET (well at least the ones FIDOGW is aware of, I periodically update it's node database from MIM).

The results are then copied to the Apache server running on RHESUS, where you can now get a nice quick glance as to who is logged in on HECnet, all in one place:

http://rhesus.sampsa.com/hecnetdir.html

Comments and feedback are welcome, if you wish your node(s) to be excluded from the scan, let me know.

Sampsa