[HECnet] SIMH VAX memory weirdness

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Sun Nov 28 14:58:10 PST 2010

The VAX ran at slightly lower speeds than a Pentium I at the time. Its performance got higher performance marks. Both are CISC designs that makes them comparable but the VAX instruction set was very rich and designed for 32 bit address space. The Pentium showed its heritage there (and possibly still does). I do wonder how a VAX cpu made in a current technology woulld perform.
Verzonden vanaf mijn draadloze BlackBerry  -toestel