[HECnet] dnroute segfaults when starting Multinet...

Bob Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Thu Nov 11 20:43:19 PST 2010

Chrissie Caulfield wrote:

The thing to do is to upgrade dnprogs.

Thanks, Chrissie - good point.   I downloaded the latest source tarball from

	http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/all/dnprogs

and recompiled everything under lenny.   [I must say that the recompile was
pretty painless as these things go.]

  Now I have

	ziti:/home/bob# dnroute -V
	dnroute from dnprogs version 2.55

A few things appear different, but sadly dnroute still segfaults after
starting Multinet

	ziti:/home/bob# dmesg | grep -i dnroute
	[     94.112034] dnroute[2996]: segfault at 0 ip 0804ac18 sp bfc40f70
error 4 in dnroute[8048000+6000]

I notice that the Multinet daemon no longer prints the address of the
adjacent node as it did before - don't know if that's significant or if that
behavior was just removed.   And I also notice that the Multinet daemon now
exits (silently, without any message, good, bad or indifferent) shortly
after it's started (and presumably shortly after dnroute goes Tango
Uniform).

  Is there a plan B?

Thanks again,
Bob