[HECnet] Link to MIM not currently working

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Sep 22 11:04:19 PDT 2010

Mark. A good way to "debug" the bridge is to send it SIGUSR1, upon which
it will dump to stdout a bunch of information.

Apart from that, you cannot see if the bridge is talking to your machine
or not, since the bridge is meant to be totally transparent from the
DECnet point of view.

One other thing: what is your ip address (or dns) and port number, so I
can check if my config file still have the right values...?

	Johnny

Mark Wickens wrote:
I think I may have been experiencing multiple points of failure. Steve has kindly brought up the MULTINET tunnel to his systems, but it
looks like the link to MIM is still down:
NCP>show known circuits
  Known Circuit Volatile Summary as of 22-SEP-2010 08:01:44
      Circuit                   State                                     Loopback         Adjacent
                                                                                          Name           Routing Node
    ISA-0                         on
  TCP-0-19                   on                                                             19.41 (SG1)
What should I be seeing on the bridge to indicate that BUBBLE is talking
to it correctly? I'm presuming when the link is up I should see a
routing node against ISA-0 on the above circuit list?
Regards, Mark.