[HECnet] Anyone with a spare MMJ cable + RS232 adapter?

Phil Mendelsohn schwa.phil at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:18:08 PDT 2011

On 11-08-30 03:20 PM, Sampsa Laine wrote:
If you were to say crimp me a few a (3-4) of them, I would of course compensate by a Paypal payment to be used only for bottles of win of say over 30 euros?

Are 3 wire sufficient?   Most of the ones I make, I only end up doing RX, TX, and GND, but I can do the handshaking lines if you want.   The cable I have most of is 6 wire, but it's solid conductor, like telephone wire.   Works well enough for these speeds/installations, though.

To be clear, let's agree on the cable specs:

MMJ - MMJ
RX, TX, GND
6' (2m) long enough?
Qty 4

As for $$, I find your suggestion ambiguous.   (If you sent me 5Eu and told me to spend it on a 30Eu bottle of wine, it would fit.)   So how about $25 Canadian + postage?

Before we get too excited, I'd better locate the connectors.   Will confirm.

Cheers,
Phil