[HECnet] DECUS/freeware archive

hvlems at zonnet.nl hvlems at zonnet.nl
Wed Aug 24 18:28:01 PDT 2011

Mark,
If you still have access to the HP patch database then I'd suggest these OS versions:

VAX/VMS 7.3
Alpha/VMS. 7.3.
                                    7.3-2
                                    8.3
                                    8.4
IA64/VMS.   8.3
                                    8.4
TCP/IP : all versions -please-

The reasoning behind the VMS versions is simple. The AXP variants are the "stable" ones, though I have my doubts regarding 8.4. I guess that 7.3-2 and 8.3 cover a substantial fraction of all hobbyist sites.
Hobbyists with a VAX run everything for fun but if the VAX is still used for serious work it'll run 7.3.
I'm clueless about what is en vogue in Itanium land.
Personally I'd like to install the latest patches for the IP stack.
Hans