[HECnet] Can we hook this up to a VAX or something?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed Aug 24 02:26:09 PDT 2011

On 2011-08-24 03:01, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
A bit surprised, since the RX01 is a really small device, and squeezing in RT-11, in addition to VMB, as a bare minimum needed for a system, is something of a miracle.

RT-11 could fit on tiny things.   I remember V2 fitting with lots of room to spare on a DECnet (TU56 -- 578 kbytes).   And if memory serves I could fit in (SJ flavor) along with Basic on an RC11 (128 kbytes), on our Physics department 11/20.

Yes, but VMB takes quite some space, and an RX01 is only 256 Kbytes...