[HECnet] Can we hook this up to a VAX or something?

Bill Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 01:50:06 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:
On 2011-08-23 19:41, hvlems at zonnet.nl wrote:

I can't remember whether the RK05 was supported by VMS?

I don't think it was. Neither was the RK06/RK07, but I believe it shipped with a driver for those.

           Johnny

I think it was a DECUS submitted driver.

RK06/RK07's were supported at one time on the RK611 IIRC.
I think they were on the first 11/780's back in the late '70's.   Minimum 11/780 config I saw on DECnotes at one time was an RK06/RK07 with 128MB of Memory used for minimum price Vax sales.

Never saw real ones in the field with smaller disks than an RM03 as the main disk.

--
Johnny Billquist                           || "I'm on a bus
                                                  ||   on a psychedelic trip
email: bqt at softjar.se                   ||   Reading murder books
pdp is alive!                               ||   tryin' to stay hip" - B. Idol

Bill